This page is only applicable to Staff and Faculty who have received a computer asset from Christopher Newport University. This DOES NOT apply to personal computers.
This article assumes the following:
- You (the customer) submitted a ticket, and the procurement of your new device is underway.
- You (the customer) received a ticket from Information Technology Services stating we are currently setting up your device or we are going to deliver the device shortly.
Once you have received your new MacBook or iMac from IT Services, please follow the below steps:
- Connect to an Ethernet network cable before powering on the computer.
- The Setup Assistant will display and ask you to select your Country or Region.
- Select the United States.
- You will be taken to the Remote Management window.
- Sign in at the Remote Management window with your CNU ID Number and Password.
- Login at the Login Window with your CNU ID Number and Password.
The gif below shows how easy it is, so long as a reliable internet connection is available and your account is in good standing order (CNU ID).
The first time that you log in, the standard software installs will be complete: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Alertus, Chrome, ESET antivirus, Firefox, and VLC media player.
Additional software is available via Self Service, as well as the department printer(s). If there is something that you need to have installed that is not currently listed in Self Service, please submit a Helpdesk ticket and we will get the software added.
Self Service Installs:
More information regarding Self Service can be found here. Here is a small preview of how Self Service works at CNU!
or call (757) 594-7079