Erase and Reinstall macOS from Self Service. Use as directed by ITS to refresh your MacBook or iMac computer.
- Navigate to the Launchpad icon on your Dock, or, Applications folder in Finder.
- Double-click the Self Service.app.
- You will be prompted to sign in with your CNU Credentials. These are the same credentials used to sign into CNU Live, Scholar, Lecterns, etc... (CNU ID Number).
- In the left column, select the macOS category.
- Click Erase & Install under Erase and Install macOS Big Sur.
- The Erase & Install button will change to a loading symbol and spin.
- The rest of this process is automated and will take approximately 45 minutes. Please be patient and wait for the computer to restart. Do not use the computer
- The Setup Assistant will display and ask you to select your Country or Region.
- Select the United States.
- You will be taken to the Remote Management window.
- Sign in at the Remote Management window with your CNU ID Number and Password.
- You will be taken to the Login window.
- Login at the Login Window with your CNU ID Number and Password.
The first time that you log in, the standard software installs will be complete: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Alertus, Chrome, ESET antivirus, Firefox, Microsoft Office Suite, and VLC media player.
Additional software is available via Self Service, as well as the department printer(s). If there is something that you need to have installed that is not currently listed in Self Service, please submit a Helpdesk ticket and we will get the software added.
|For more information regarding the first-time setup of your Mac, and Self Service application installs, see the Knowledge Base article here.|