Respondus Lockdown Browser
- The Respondus Lockdown browser is an internet browser set to access Scholar, and only Scholar, while locking down any other program open on the computer.
- It also locks down the ability to perform actions in Scholar other than taking a Respondus-enabled test.
- While using the Lockdown browser to take a test, students will not be able to use other programs on their computer or even access other websites, protecting the security of that test attempt.
- Students will need to download and install the Lockdown Browser on their computers, if they intend to use their own computer to take exams that require it. The link to the Respondus Lockdown Browser installer can be found here.
- Monitor works to protect the security of an exam from external concerns.
- Uses the web camera and microphone in a student computer to verify the identity of a student taking an exam, then record their test-taking attempt remotely.
- It flags potential issues in that attempt, such as a student leaving the view of the camera or taking out an external device like a phone, in a report that instructors can then review for themselves.
- Instructors cannot activate Respondus Monitor without first enabling the Respondus Lockdown Browser requirement.
Respondus Quick Start Guide for Students