Once granted local Administrator rights on your Mac you will have access to the Local Admin Rights tool in Self Service.
The key benefits to Self Service on your macOS device is being able to download supported software regularly from our Self Service application. Our CNU Self Service Article goes into more detail as to what this looks like!
Run Local Admin Rights
This computer system is the property of Christopher Newport University and it is for authorized use only. By using this system, all users acknowledge notice of, and agree to comply with, the University’s Acceptable Use of Computing Resources Policy (6010). Unauthorized or improper use of this system may result in administrative disciplinary action, civil charges/criminal penalties, and/or other sanctions as set forth in the University’s Policy. By continuing to use this system you indicate your awareness of and consent to these terms and conditions of use.
Only use this functionality to install software and/or make appropriate changes to your University-owned Mac computer.
- Open the Self Service application on your Mac.
- In the Local Administrative Rights (or Featured) category, you will see the option for Local Admin Rights
- Click Run.
- You will see a notification with information about the Local Admin Rights policy, this is the same information you will see linked above. Click Run.
- Acknowledge the next popup by clicking I agree.
- You now have administrator rights on your Mac for 15 minutes.
or call (757) 594-7079