Once granted local Administrator rights on your Mac you will have access to the MakeMeAdmin tool in Self Service.
The key benefits to Self Service on your macOS device is being able to download supported software regularly from our Self Service application. Our CNU Self Service Article goes into more detail as to what this looks like!
Only use this functionality to install software and/or make appropriate changes to your University-owned Mac computer.
- Open the Self Service application on your Mac.
- In the Administrative category you will see the option for MakeMeAdmin
- Click Run.
- You will see a notification with information about the MakeMeAdmin policy. Click Run.
- Acknowledge the next popup by clicking Make me an admin, please.
- You now have administrator rights on your Mac for 15 minutes.
or call (757) 594-7079