There are two situations that will occur with Adobe CC and Adobe Products:
- You have an existing account that needs to be associated with the Christopher Newport University profile in Adobe CC.
- You DO NOT have an account and will need to create one to access your Adobe applications using your CNU Email address.
Existing Adobe Account Setup
- You WILL NOT receive an email from Adobe stating you have been added or that you have had products added to your account. HOWEVER, you will receive an email from Christopher Newport University ITS informing you that you have been assigned products from Adobe.
- Upon receiving an email from CNU ITS you will need to navigate to Self Service on your computer if you don't already have Adobe CC Desktop installed on your device (This doesn't require admin access)
- Install Adobe CC on your macOS or Windows device.
- Once Adobe CC is installed on your desktop, you will then be able to sign in with your account. Proceed with launching the application.
- Once you begin to sign in with your CNU email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) you will be prompted shortly after authenticating to choose what "Profile" you would like to use, select "CHRISTOPHER NEWPORT UNIVERSITY."
- After selecting the correct profile you will be redirected to a page that will allow you to install software at your pleasure. All software available to you WILL NOT require Admin privileges to install so long as the Adobe CC Desktop application was installed utilizing the Self Service application.
New Adobe Account Setup with CNU Email
- You will receive an email from Adobe regarding the product that has been assigned to your account from CNU ITS.
- In the contents of the email you will be able to select "Get Started"
- Once you click "Get Started" you will be redirected to a page that will ask for you to start the account creation process, you will do this with your CNU Email Address (email@example.com).
- Once your account has been created, and set up through the Adobe Account Creation process you will then be redirected to another page. If you are on a PERSONAL device you can select the product you wish to download. HOWEVER, if you are currently using a CNU Owned Device you will need to access the Adobe CC software via the Self Service portal.
- Once you have set up your Adobe account with your CNU Email and you have installed the Adobe CC Desktop application you will then be able to sign into the desktop application and download the software that has been associated with your CNU Email address.
If the above instructions are not working for you, or you are having issues selecting "CHRISTOPHER NEWPORT UNIVERSITY" vs "Personal" account, please put in a ticket via the button below. We will be able to assist remotely and verify your account is in good standing order.
If this didn't resolve your issue:
or call (757) 594-7079
or call (757) 594-7079